I hope you enjoyed yesterdays post regarding the photography information I gathered from twitter following the #sbsummit hash-tag. If you weren’t able to attend the summit via twitter or in person I wanted to share with you the things I learned. You can find the whole transcript of tweets here.
I was SO jealous of all the attendees and have already decided to find a sponsor for next years summit. If you haven’t followed the Savvy Blogging group and you are a blogger you are really missing out – I have been following them since their inception earlier this year and have gained endless knowledge and connections to other bloggers.
I want to share everything I learned with all of you, so all week I will have parts of the twitter stream “highlights” during the summit.
Today I am highlighting the Strategic Planning/Vision course & the Blogging in the Media Course
- Consultants should identify problems and help bring any issues to surface for the organization.
- Make your info (posts) easy to share for others to share!
- PR people want to know the goals of your blog Place contact info easily.
- Stats not always that important ID our niche and that can be relevant to a brand who may work with you.
- Establish a Board of Directors as an advisor for your blog
- Ask a questions, then say you’ll put your answer in the comments.
- Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- Purpose of annual strategic plan is to ensure you reach your desired results.
- You mission statement is about PURPOSE not PRODUCT Why do you exist?
- Checkout mindtools.com to help develop your mission statement.
- Series are good for all blogs. Pretend each post is like a chapter.
- Priorities + Authenticity + Core Values = Happy Successful Blogger
- Strategic planning is not an “aha” experience – series of small moves that when pieced together moves u in right direction
- Contests can increase traffic, but they don’t necessarily build community
- Develop a scorecard to track the key metrics and evaluate yourself and the business
- Your mission is why your blog exists. Expresses your core values, easy to understand.
- Vision, Mission, Strategy, Goals, Actions, Metrics
- Contact PR Companies for products you love Look at press releases to get PR info.
- “You ARE the disruptors You have the power” – Jesse Odell
- Loving what you do is key to being successful.
I am going to post another link this afternoon on CSS Code and Design Tips so be sure to stop back!