I hope you are enjoying my posts recapping the Savvy Blogging Summit 2010. Be sure to check out the other posts so far this week:
- Blogging is WORK even if you love it
- #1 Be yourself #2 Engage (tell storeis) #3 Assume nobody is ready your blog and that eveyone is #4 Have fun
- Everyone is talented, original and has something important to say
- Write as if you are writing to your best friend
- The net is a big place and there’s room for everyone
- Be more intentional about building community
- Become a better writer by becoming a better editor<– one of the best ways to improve your readership and make more $
- Read “if you want to write” by jdroth
- Look outside your niche for inspiration and to market
Here are the notes from Jim Summers regarding the Legal side of blogging:
- Resource for legal forms and filings – uslegalforms.com
- When you get your first $1 of profit is when you need to become an entity (LLC) to protect yourself.
- I had never thought of requiring a non-disclosure 2 groups wanting my traffic data!
- Review contracts several times. Ask questions. Add what’s missing like timeframes. Be clear.
- Contracts define the rights and obligations of your business
- Copying and pasting blog posts is ILLEGAL!!!!