● 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
● 1 egg, slightly beaten
● 2 tbsp. fine dry bread crumbs
● 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
● 1/2 tsp. basil
● 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
● 5 3/4 cups chicken broth
● 2 cups thinly sliced escarole or spinach
● 1/2 cup orzo macaroni ; uncooked
● 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
● grated ; Parmesan cheese
In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil, and garlic; shape into 3/4-inch balls.
In large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in escarole or spinach, pasta, carrot, and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender to bite. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Makes 4 + servings.
Italian Wedding Soup