Between your busy schedule and responsibilities with work, friends and family – it may be challenging to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle, especially while on the go. However, what if you had easy-to-follow advice and resources right at your finger tips?
With Moderation Nation, a new national program created by the Hershey Center for Health & Nutrition, (HCHN) in collaboration with the American Dietetic Association, you can now have access to a variety of tools that will help you achieve moderation – and you don´t even need to give up your favorite foods!
For on-the-go needs, the new Moderation Nation iPhone app, free and available on iTunes or via www.themoderationnation.com, will reward you for the activity you´re already doing, while encouraging you to do even more in a way that suits your busy lifestyle. With an easy-to-read tracker and a comprehensive list of activities to choose from, you can earn badges for your progress and go from a Starting Gun to a Healthy Hero!
The Moderation Nation Web site (www.themoderationnation.com) provides a host of new tools for you, including:
- Recipes and Expert Tips. Here you´ll find advice from Cheryl Forberg, registered dietitian (RD) for NBC’s The Biggest Loser, award-winning chef and New York Times best-selling cookbook authorAdditional recipes and tips from Regina Ragone, Food Director at Family Circle magazine; Keri Glassman, author of the O2 diet; and Liz Ward, author of Expect the Best Pregnancy.
- Moderation Menus. Seven-day meal plans – with snack ideas – that will help you plan out your week. Each menu is based on an individual lifestyle, such as Single, Adults with Kids and Adults with No Kids.
- Balance the Meal. This cool balancer tool allows you to input your main dish and its preparation method; in return, you´ll receive ideas for complementary side dishes that round out the meal smartly.
- Useful Facts. Here you´ll find everything from a “portion distortion” guide – providing cues on what actual portion sizes should look like – to a grocery shopping fact sheet – to a guide on how to start and maintain a food journal.
One lucky reader will win an Hersheys Moderation Nation prize pack, which includes a Moderation Nation t-shirt, Hershey’s chocolate and a nutrition journal to track your food and activities.
How to Win?
Prize: Hershey’s Moderation Nation Prize Pack
You can enter up to 4 times with the following methods:
1. Leave a comment by simply checking out the Moderation Nation Web site and comment on what you feel you will benefit most from.
2. Become a Facebook Liker of A Little Bit of This and That ~ The Adventures of a Stay at Home Mom on Facebook.
3. Follow @kimmiekinkins on twitter and Tweet the following Message – You can still have Chocolate in Moderation courtesy of #myblogspark http://su.pr/55zAF2
4. Subscribe to my free newsletter via email or RSS. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry. If you are already a subscriber, leave a comment letting me know you are already subscribed.
Giveaway ends 11/10/2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Please leave a comment for each additional entry. Be sure to check out my other Current Giveaways also!
Winner will be chosen by random. Be sure email@example.com is in your safe sender list as you don’t want to miss the email if you are the chosen winner. If winner doesn’t respond to my email within 48 hours, I will pick another winner. U.S. Entries only.
Products were provided to me and for the giveaway by My Blog Spark.