● 1 1/2 cups warm water ; (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
● 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
● 2 tbsp. white sugar
● 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
● 1 tsp. salt
● 4 cups bread flour
1. In a large bowl, stir together warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. To the yeast mixture, add the oil, salt, and 2 cups flour.
3. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
5. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
6. Deflate the dough, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls.
7. Place on lightly greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
8. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
French Bread Rolls to Die For