Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
● 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
● 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
● 1 cup water
● 1/2 cup vegetable oil
● 4 eggs
● 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
● 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate or vanilla frosting
● Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. (Hint: If you toss the chocolate chips in about a tablespoon of cake mix or coat with a little flour they will usually stay put)
Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional chips if desired.
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
If you liked this recipe you may like more of mine here or else I linked this recipe to Cupcake Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, What’s Cooking Wednesday , Tuesdays at the Table and Tasty Tuesday where there are LOTS of other yummy recipes!