● 2 lb. lean beef stew meat ; (or beef sirloin, cut into bite sized pieces)
● 6 tbsp. all purpose flour
● 2 cups ; (1″ thick) cut carrots
● 1 (16 oz) pkg. frozen pearl onions ; thawed
● 1 (8 oz) package mushrooms ; stems removed
● 2 garlic loves ; minced
● 3/4 cup fat free ; less sodium beef broth
● 1/2 cup dry red wine
● 1/4 cup tomato paste
● 11 /2 tsp. salt
● 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
● 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
● 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
● 8 oz. egg noodles
● 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
1. Sprinkle beef with flour, and toss well. Place floured beef, carrot, onions, mushrooms and garlic in slow cooker. Combine broth and next 6 ingredients (wine through pepper); stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
2. Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Serve beef micture over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
*Notes: This is one of our faves so we have tailored it to fit what we like best.
1) we opt for top sirloin cut into pieces because it is even more tender than the stew meat.
2) DH hates onions, so I use onion powder to taste and add more mushrooms
3) We like baby portabella mushrooms–they have a meatier taste to them
4) I usually have fresh herbs on hand so I use fresh rosemary and thyme
5) We usually use Merlot or Zinfindel for the wine selection
6) This is great with mashed potatoes too if you don’t want to use noodles.
Beef Burgandy with Egg Noodles
Be sure to check out more of my recipes here . Check out others favorites at Crockpot Wednesdays where there are LOTS of other yummy recipes!