Doesn’t this look Yummy! I promise you that it is ever bit as good as it looks!
This weekend we needed a side dish to bring to a Cub Scout event that our family attended. It involved biking, swimming, and eating and was a lot of fun. Well, after I got our youngest to stop crying while biking.
Connor thought his little training wheel bike could keep up with the big kids and while we started to bike towards the park they all took off. Him and I brought up the rear and he cried the whole way to the park. Not the most fun for mom, but I used the playground at the park as incentive. We finally waited there and played while the adults and big kids rode the trail. Thankfully the ride home went a little better!
I did learn that a newly turned 5 year old isn’t quite ready for a big bike ride, especially on his training wheels!
Once we got back to the house of the family whom hosted we had fun jumping in the lake, taking boat rides, and eating all the good food everyone brought to share. Thankfully there was a little left of my dish to devour for a late evening snack!
This dish really can be thrown together using whatever you would like to add. The amounts do not have to be exact, add more or less of what you like! The only thing I would stay the same or add less of is the beans. I only had black beans, but you can add any combination you would like. I think this proportion seemed just right for the amount though.
- 2 small Jalapeño
- 1 cup chopped Peppers (any mix of colors)
- ¼ cup Red onion
- 2 cans Black Beans ( or one can of black and a can of another type of bean)
- Can of Corn
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup of celery
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- ¼ jar of zesty Italian dressing
- Chop up everything and put in a bowl. Mix in Italian dressing and let sit a minimum of 2 hours in fridge. Add cilantro at end and mix in.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a salad.